Cockle Curry - Easy Recipe❤️||(❤️Kari Kerang - Resepi Mudah)

Hello wonderful people. I'm Nora Liban from Malaysia. Welcome to Nora Liban's Kitchen @ Norma Bty Kitchen.  Thank you so much for coming by and I really appreciate it. If you are here for the first time, for your info, I've been posting recipes in my blog since 5th November 2020. My passion is cooking and I believe that everything I do with passion will make me feel fulfilled and satisfied/happy. I hereby assure you that I'll be updating my blog from time to time with new recipes@my own version of recipes or a modified version, therefore stay tuned with Nora Liban's Kitchen. Have a nice day and may God bless!!!!!

*If you have any queries regarding "this Recipe", feel free to visit my Facebook Page under "NormaBty" and leave your message there and I'll give you a reply  whenever I'm free.*


Here's another recipe that you should try and it's my version of Cockles curry recipe. I made this dish recently and it goes well with plain rice and Nasi lemak @ Malaysian coconut milk rice. Here are the ingredients;

Ingredients A
(Bahan - Bahan A)
1). Shelled fresh cockles - 600 gram /
(Isi kerang - 600 grams)
2). Water - 400 ml or sufficient amount /
(Air - 400 ml atau secukupnya)
3). Thick coconut milk - 200 ml /
(Santan Pekat - 200ml)
4). Curry leaves - 2 sprigs 
(Daun Kari - 2 tangkai)
5). Oil - 6 tbsp /
(Minyak - 6 sdm)
6). Onion - 1 pc, sliced /
(Bawang besar - 1 biji, hiriskan)
----

Ingredients B - Finely blended
(Bahan-Bahan B - Kisar halus)
1). Fish curry powder - 2 tbsp /
(Serbuk kari ikan - 2 sdm)
2). Dried Chilli - 15 pcs /
(Cili kering - 15 pcs)
3). Dried Shrimp paste - 10 grams, toasted /
(Belacan - 10 gram, bakar)
4). Candlenuts - 6 pcs /
(Buah keras - 6 biji)
5). Shallots - 10 pcs, sliced /
(Bawang merah - 10 biji, hiriskan)
6). Fresh Turmeric - 40grams, sliced /
(Kunyit segar - 40 gram, hiriskan)
7). Ginger - 20 grams /
(Halia - 20 gram)
8). Lemongrass - 2 stalks - white part only, sliced /
(Serai - 2 batang - bahagian putih sahaja, hiris)
9). Garlic - 6 cloves /
(Bawang putih - 6 ulas)
----

Seasonings
(Perasa)
1). Salt - to taste /
(Garam - ikut citarasa)
2). Anchovy Stock - to taste /
(Serbuk perasa ikan bilis - ikut citarasa)
3). Brown sugar - to taste /
(Gula perang - to taste)
----

Method
(Cara membuat)
1). Heat 6 tbsp of oil in a wok and put in onion and stir fry until fragrant.
**(Panaskan 6 sdm minyak dalam kuali dan tumis bawang besar hingga wangi).

2). Add in the blended ingredients(B) mixture and saute' over low heat until red colour oil is visible.
**(Masukkan bahan - bahan B dan masak dengan api kecil. Kacau sehingga pecah minyak).

3). Add in water and seasonings. Stir briefly and pour in the coconut milk and bring to boil over medium heat.
**(Masukkan air and bahan perasa. Kacau sekejap dan masukkan santan pekat dan masak dengan api sederhana).

4). Add the curry leaves and pour in the shelled cockles. Stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and dish out.
**(Masukkan daun kari dan isi kerang. Kacau dengan api sederhana selama 3 minit. Padamkan api dan sedia untuk dihidangkan).

Comments